International Scholarship Scheme
We are delighted to announce that the University of Northampton International College (UNIC) and the University of Northampton (UON) are now able to extend the International Scholarship Scheme to students who progress from UNIC onto the UON.
The University of Northampton International Scholarship Scheme is a merit-based scholarship that provides up to a 30% reduction in tuition fees for every year of your study (excluding placement years). All full-time Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught courses delivered on campus fall within the scheme and you will be considered for a scholarship on the basis of your academic achievement.
The awarding of the scholarship has some key criteria related to Grades, Attendance and paying Tuition Fees on time:
Additionally, to be eligible for the scholarship students must have started a programme of study at UNIC at one of the following intakes:
- January 2022
- May 2022
- September 2022
- January 2023*
- May 2023*
Upon progression to UON students have the opportunity to be awarded the corresponding percentage fee reduction against the subsequent year of UON fees:
|Overall pass grade achieved in UNIC Programme||% reduction in following year UoN fees|
|75% or higher||30%|
|70% - 74%||20%|
|65% - 69%||10%|
In addition to the above merit based criteria, progressing students must also meet the requirements of the UoN's student debt management policy, including that:
- If you receive an offer to study with us, it is part of the terms and conditions that you will need to pay a deposit of £5,000 (GBP) tuition for your first year of study when you have accepted your offer. A £5,000 (GBP) deposit will be required for each year of study before enrolment. This will be deducted from the total tuition fee due each year. The remaining balance will be due in 2 further instalments by 15th January & 15th April for September starters and 15th May & 15th August for January starters.
- These requirements are not flexible
To qualify for the discount progressing students must also meet the requirements of the UON's student debt management policy and meet their tuition fee payment criteria.
The final criteria is Attendance, with students needing to have met a minimum of 80% attendance at UNIC.
You do not have to apply for this scholarship separately from your initial application and you will be informed of the outcome in your University of Northampton offer letter.
* The following programme variations apply:
- Foundation in Science & Healthcare - Students who progress from UNIC to the UoN and meet the aforementioned criteria regarding attendance rates, tuition fee payments and grades will be eligible for a maximum scholarship discount of 10%.
* The following programme exclusions apply:
- January 2023: Foundation Business leading to: Business Studies/International Business/Leadership & Management)
- January 2023 : Foundation Engineering
May 2023: ALL Foundation and First Year programmes excluded, however ALL Postgraduate Programmes are included.
- Please note Scholarship decisions are final and no further correspondence relating to awards or eligibility will be entered into.
Please note, Scholarships are currently not available to join the UNIC pathways, however our fees are some of the most competitive around and represent excellent value for money.