This website is run by University of Northampton International College (UNIC). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- use the site across multiple devices
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our video content does not have captions
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
University of Northampton International College (UNIC) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- Some of our video content does not have captions. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.2.2 (captions (pre-recorded))
- Some of our video content does not have an audio description or media alternative. The fails WCAG 1.2.3 (Audio Description or Media Alternative (pre-recorded))
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- In some instances, such as tables, html is used to format content. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships).
- On some pages the ID used for an element is not unique. This fails This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships) and success criterion 4.1.1 (Parsing).
- On some pages link text is used for multiple different destinations. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and relationships)
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 22 September 2020. The test was carried out by University of Northampton International College (UNIC) based on a sample of most-visited pages and with the assistance of SiteImprove software. All flagged priority issues were investigated and, where possible, addressed.
We tested our main website platform, available at unic.navitas.com.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We have a rolling programme of updating the content and design of this website in accordance with the guidelines set out by the WCAG and will continue to assess and improve our accessibility based on these guidelines, user testing and user feedback.
This statement was prepared on 28 August 2020. It was last updated on 22 September 2020.